Reasons storage arrays are missing from command output
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
A storage array that is not connected to the ONTAP system does not appear in the
storage array config show output. Problems with cabling, zoning, and host group configuration can prevent a connection between the two devices.
Resolving the issue
Check cabling, host group configuration, and zoning as follows:
Check that cables are connected.
Check that the WWPNs for the FC initiators on the ONTAP systems are in the host group.
Check that both the storage array and the FC initiator are in the same zone.
After the problem is fixed, run
storage array config showin ONTAP to confirm that the issue was fixed.