Removing one array LUN from use by ONTAP
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
If the storage array administrator no longer wants to use a particular array LUN for ONTAP, you must remove the information that ONTAP wrote to the LUN (for example, size and ownership) before the administrator can reconfigure the LUN for use by another host.
What you'll need
If the LUN that the storage array administrator no longer wants ONTAP to use is in an aggregate, you must take the aggregate offline and destroy the aggregate before starting this procedure. Taking an aggregate offline and destroying it changes the data LUN to a spare LUN.
Enter the following command:
storage disk removeowner -disk LUN_name
LUN_name is the name of the array LUN.