Setting up the switches
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
Switch configuration is typically done by the storage or SAN administrator. The switches have to be zoned so that the ONTAP systems and the storage arrays can see each other. You must use single-initiator zoning as the zoning strategy.
Log in to the storage array and obtain the WWPNs of the FC adapters of the storage array.
Use the Fibre Channel switch commands to zone each switch so that the storage array and the ONTAP system see each other's WWPNs.
Consider the following example of ONTAP systems in an HA pair:
In the example configuration, the zones are as follows:
Zone ONTAP system and port Storage array controller and port
Controller 1, 1A
Controller 1, 1B
Controller 2, 2A
Controller 2, 2B