Configuring the MetroCluster Tiebreaker or ONTAP Mediator software
PDF of this doc site
Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
- Install and cable MetroCluster components
- Configure hardware for sharing a Brocade 6510 FC fabric during transition
Plan and install a MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs
- Install and cable the MetroCluster components in a configuration with array LUNs
- Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
Install a MetroCluster IP configuration
- Configure the MetroCluster hardware components
Install a stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node SAS-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node bridge-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Perform switchover, healing, and switchback
Maintain the MetroCluster components
- Hot add storage to a MetroCluster FC configuration
Transition from MetroCluster FC to MetroCluster IP
- Transition nondisruptively from a MetroCluster FC to a MetroCluster IP configuration (ONTAP 9.8 and later)
Upgrade, refresh, or expand the MetroCluster configuration
- Expand a two-node MetroCluster FC configuration to a four-node configuration
- Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
You can download and install on a third site either the MetroCluster Tiebreaker software, or, beginning with ONTAP 9.7, the ONTAP Mediator.
You must have a Linux host available that has network connectivity to both clusters in the MetroCluster configuration. The specific requirements are in the MetroCluster Tiebreaker or ONTAP Mediator documentation.
If you are connecting to an existing Tiebreaker or ONTAP Mediator instance, you need the username, password, and IP address of the Tiebreaker or Mediator service.
If you must install a new instance of the ONTAP Mediator, follow the directions to install and configure the software.
If you must install a new instance of the Tiebreaker software, follow the directions to install and configure the software.
You cannot use both the MetroCluster Tiebreaker software and the ONTAP Mediator with the same MetroCluster configuration.
Configure the ONTAP Mediator service or the Tiebreaker software:
If you are using an existing instance of the ONTAP Mediator, add the ONTAP Mediator service to ONTAP:
metrocluster configuration-settings mediator add -mediator-address ip-address-of-mediator-host
If you are using the Tiebreaker software, refer to the Tiebreaker documentation.