Install SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows on multiple remote hosts using PowerShell cmdlets
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
If you want to install SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Windows on multiple hosts at one time, you can do so by using the
Install-SmHostPackage PowerShell cmdlet.
You must have logged in to SnapCenter as a domain user with local administrator rights on each host on which you want to install plug-ins.
On the SnapCenter Server host, establish a session using the
Open-SmConnectioncmdlet, and then enter your credentials.
Add the standalone host or the cluster to SnapCenter using the
Add-SmHostcmdlet and the required parameters.
The information regarding the parameters that can be used with the cmdlet and their descriptions can be obtained by running Get-Help command_name. Alternatively, you can also refer to the SnapCenter Software Cmdlet Reference Guide.
Install the plug-in on multiple hosts using the
Install-SmHostPackagecmdlet and the required parameters.
You can use the
-skipprecheckoption when you have installed the plug-ins manually and do not want to validate whether the host meets the requirements to install the plug-in.