PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
You can recover the SnapCenter Server in the event of disasters like resource corruption or server crash using the SnapCenter disaster recovery feature. You can recover SnapCenter repository, server schedules, and server configuration components.
You can also recover the SnapCenter Plug-in for SQL Server and SnapCenter Plug-in for SQL Server storage.
Following are the types of disaster recovery (DR) :
SnapCenter Server DR
SnapCenter Server data will be backed up and recovered irrespective of whether any plug-in has been added or managed by SnapCenter Server.
SnapCenter disaster recovery functionality uses REST APIs to backup SnapCenter Server.
SnapCenter Plug-in and Storage DR
DR is supported only for SnapCenter Plug-in for SQL Server. When the SnapCenter Plug-in for SQL Server is down, switch to a different SQL host and recover the data by performing few steps.
SnapCenter uses ONTAP SnapMirror technology to replicate data. It can be used to replicate data to a secondary site for DR and keep it in sync. A failover can be initiated by breaking the replication relationship in SnapMirror. During failback the synchronization can be reversed and data from the DR site can be replicated back to the primary location.