SQL Server recovery models supported by SnapCenter
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
Specific recovery models are assigned to each database type by default. The SQL Server database administrator can reassign each database to a different recovery model.
SnapCenter supports three types of SQL Server recovery models:
Simple recovery model
When you use the simple recovery model, you cannot back up the transaction logs.
Full recovery model
When you use the full recovery model, you can restore a database to its previous state from the point of failure.
Bulk logged recovery model
When you use the bulk logged recovery model, you must manually re-execute the bulk logged operation. You must perform the bulk logged operation if the transaction log that contains the operation's commit record has not been backed up before restore. If the bulk logged operation inserts 10 million rows in a database, and the database fails before the transaction log is backed up, then the restored database will not contain the rows that were inserted by the bulk logged operation.