PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- SnapCenter Server installation
You can delete clones if you find them no longer necessary.
About this task
You cannot delete clones that acts like source for other clones.
For example, if the production database is db1, database clone1 is cloned from backup of db1 and subsequently clone1 is protected. The database clone2 is cloned from backup of clone1. If you decide to delete clone1, you must first delete clone2, and then delete clone1.
In the left navigation pane, click Resources, and then select the appropriate plug-in from the list.
In the Resources page, either select the resource or resource group from the View drop-down list.
Select the resource or resource group from the list.
The resource or the resource group topology page is displayed.
From the Manage Copies view, select Clones either from the primary or secondary (mirrored or replicated) storage systems.
Select the clone, and then click .
If you are deleting SAP HANA database clones, in the Delete Clone page, perform the following actions:
In the Pre clone delete field, enter the commands that should be run before deleting the clone.
In the Unmount field, enter the command to unmount the clone before deleting the clone.
After you finish
Sometimes the file systems are not deleted. You must increase the value of the CLONE_DELETE_DELAY parameter by running the following command:
|The CLONE_DELETE_DELAY parameter specifies the number of seconds to wait after completing the deletion of application clone and before starting the deletion of file system.|
After modifying the value of the parameter, restart the SnapCenter Plug-in Loader (SPL) service.