Install SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server on multiple remote hosts by using cmdlets
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- SnapCenter Server installation
You can install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server on multiple hosts simultaneously by using the Install-SmHostPackage PowerShell cmdlet.
You must have logged in to SnapCenter as a domain user with local administrator rights on each host on which you want to install the plug-in package.
On the SnapCenter Server host, establish a session using the Open-SmConnection cmdlet, and then enter your credentials.
Install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server on multiple remote hosts using the Install-SmHostPackage cmdlet and the required parameters.
The information regarding the parameters that can be used with the cmdlet and their descriptions can be obtained by running Get-Help command_name. Alternatively, you can also refer to the SnapCenter Software Cmdlet Reference Guide.
You can use the -skipprecheck option when you have already installed the plug-ins manually and you do not want to validate whether the host meets the requirements for installing the plug-in.
Enter your credentials for remote installation.