Monitoring MetroCluster replication
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can monitor and diagnose the overall health condition of the logical connections while mirroring the data. You can identify the issues or any risk that interrupts mirroring of cluster components such as aggregates, nodes, and storage virtual machines.
Unified Manager uses system health alerts to monitor the status of the components and connectivity in the MetroCluster configuration.
What you’ll need
Both the local and remote cluster in the MetroCluster configuration must be added to Unified Manager
Viewing replication for MetroCluster over IP configurations
For MetroCluster over IP configurations, the data replication status is displayed in the topology peek view for a cluster protected by MetroCluster over IP from the following views from the Unified Manager left navigation pane:
Storage > Clusters > Protection: MetroCluster view
Protection > Relationships > Relationship: MetroCluster view
For information, see Monitor connectivity issues in MetroCluster over IP.
Viewing replication for MetroCluster over FC configurations
Follow these steps to determine any issues in the data replication for MetroCluster over FC configuration.
In the left navigation pane, click Storage > Clusters.
A list of the monitored clusters is displayed.
From the Health: All Clusters view, click the name of the cluster for which you want to view MetroCluster replication details. On the Cluster / Health details page, click the MetroCluster Replication tab.
The topology of the MetroCluster configuration to be replicated is displayed at the local site in the corresponding cluster object area with the information about the remote site where the data is being mirrored. If you move the pointer over the icon, you can view detailed information about the generated event.
You can use the information displayed in the Cluster / Health details page to rectify any replication issues. If you discover mirroring issues in your MetroCluster configuration, you must log in to System Manager or access the ONTAP CLI to resolve the issues.