Upgrade your vSphere components for a NetApp SolidFire storage system with the Element Plug-in for vCenter Server
PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
When you upgrade the VMware vSphere components of your SolidFire Element storage installation, there are some additional steps you will need to take for systems with Element Plug-in for vCenter Server.
For vCSA upgrades, clear QoSSIOC settings in the plug-in (NetApp Element Configuration > QoSSIOC Settings). The QoSSIOC Status field displays
Not Configuredafter the process is complete.
For vCSA and Windows upgrades, unregister the plug-in from the vCenter Server with which it is associated using the registration utility.
You should upgrade to NetApp Element Plug-in for vCenter Server 5.0 or later to give you the capability to deploy the plug-in with VMware vCenter 7.0 Update 3 without having to apply a workaround.
With Element Plug-in for vCenter Server 4.x, when you upgrade to VMware vCenter Server 7.0 Update 3, the plug-in fails to deploy. To resolve this issue using Spring Framework 4, see this KB article.
Register the Element Plug-in for vCenter Server again with vCenter.
Add clusters using the plug-in.
Configure QoSSIOC settings using the plug-in.
Enable QoSSIOC for all datastores controlled by the plug-in.