Troubleshoot connection issues (SG100 and SG1000)
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
If you encounter connection issues during the StorageGRID appliance installation, you should perform the corrective action steps listed.
Unable to connect to appliance
If you cannot connect to the services appliance, there might be a network issue, or the hardware installation might not have been completed successfully.
Try to ping the appliance using the IP address for the appliance :
If you receive no response from the ping, confirm you are using the correct IP address.
You can use the IP address of the appliance on the Grid Network, the Admin Network, or the Client Network.
If the IP address is correct, check appliance cabling, QSFP or SFP transceivers, and the network setup.
If physical access to the appliance is available, you can use a direct connection to the permanent link-local IP
169.254.0.1to check controller networking configuration and update if necessary. For detailed instructions, see step 2 in Access StorageGRID Appliance Installer.
If that does not resolve the issue, contact technical support.
If the ping was successful, open a web browser.
Enter the URL for the StorageGRID Appliance Installer:
The Home page appears.