Type of backups supported
PDF of this doc site
- SnapCenter Server installation
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
Backup type specifies the type of backup that you want to create. SnapCenter supports File-Based Backup and Snapshot copy-based backup types for SAP HANA databases.
File-Based Backups verify the integrity of the database. You can schedule the file-based backup operation to occur at specific intervals. Only active tenants are backed up. You cannot restore and clone File-Based backups from SnapCenter.
Snapshot copy based backup
Snapshot copy-based backups leverage NetApp Snapshot copy technology to create online, read-only copies of the volumes on which the SAP HANA databases reside.