Test SNMP traps
PDF of this doc site
Provision NAS storage
- NFS configuration
- NFS configuration for ESXi using VSC
- SMB/CIFS and NFS multiprotocol configuration
Provision SAN storage
- FC configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- iSCSI configuration for ESXi using VSC
- iSCSI configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Data protection and disaster recovery
- Cluster and SVM peering configuration
- Volume disaster recovery
- Cluster administration
Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Provision NAS storage
You can use the ONTAP System Manager classic interface with ONTAP 9.7 or earlier to test SNMP traps. Because communication with a traphost is not automatically validated when you add it, you should verify that the SNMP traphost can correctly receive traps.
Navigate to the SNMP screen.
Click Test Trap Host to generate a trap from the cluster in which you added a traphost.
From the traphost location, verify that the trap was received.
Use whatever software you ordinarily use to manage the SNMP traphost.