Record the WWPN for each host FC port
PDF of this doc site
Provision NAS storage
- NFS configuration
- NFS configuration for ESXi using VSC
- SMB/CIFS and NFS multiprotocol configuration
Provision SAN storage
- FC configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- iSCSI configuration for ESXi using VSC
- iSCSI configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Data protection and disaster recovery
- Cluster and SVM peering configuration
- Volume disaster recovery
- Cluster administration
Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Provision NAS storage
The worldwide port name (WWPN) is required to zone the FC switches and to create the igroups that allow the host to access its LUN.
You must have installed the vendor's HBA utility for the HBAs in your host and verified HBAs are running supported driver, firmware, and BIOS versions for your configuration.
The WWPN is used for all configuration. You do not have to record the worldwide node name (WWNN).
Run the HBA utility for your FC HBA type.
Select the HBA.
Record the WWPN of each port.
The following example shows Emulex HBA Manager, formerly known as OneCommand Manager.
Other utilities, such as QLogic QConvergeConsole, provide the equivalent information.
Repeat the previous step for each FC HBA in the host.