Configure the ESXi host best practice settings
PDF of this doc site
Provision NAS storage
- NFS configuration
- NFS configuration for ESXi using VSC
- SMB/CIFS and NFS multiprotocol configuration
Provision SAN storage
- FC configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- iSCSI configuration for ESXi using VSC
- iSCSI configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Data protection and disaster recovery
- Cluster and SVM peering configuration
- Volume disaster recovery
- Cluster administration
Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Provision NAS storage
You must ensure that the ESXi host best practice settings are correct so that the ESXi host can correctly manage the loss of an NFS connection or a storage.
From the VMware vSphere Web Client Home page, click vCenter > Hosts.
Right-click the host, and then select Actions > NetApp VSC > Set Recommended Values.
In the NetApp Recommended Settings dialog box, ensure that all of the options are selected, and then click OK.
MPIO Settings do not apply to NFS. However, if you use other protocols, you should ensure that all options are selected.
The vCenter Web Client displays the task progress.