Verify NFS access from an ESXi host
PDF of this doc site
Provision NAS storage
- NFS configuration
- NFS configuration for ESXi using VSC
- SMB/CIFS and NFS multiprotocol configuration
Provision SAN storage
- FC configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- iSCSI configuration for ESXi using VSC
- iSCSI configuration for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Data protection and disaster recovery
- Cluster and SVM peering configuration
- Volume disaster recovery
- Cluster administration
Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Cluster management using System Manager 9.6 and 9.7
- Provision NAS storage
After you have provisioned a datastore, you can verify that the ESXi host has NFS access by creating a virtual machine on the datastore and powering it on.
From the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Hosts and Clusters.
In the navigation pane, expand the datacenter to locate the datastore you previously created.
Click Create a new virtual machine and provide the required information in the wizard.
To verify NFS access, you should select the datacenter, ESXi host, and datastore that you previously created.
The virtual machine appears in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
Power on the virtual machine.