Guidelines for enabling ALUA on EMC VNX storage arrays
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
Support has been added for Asymmetric Logical Unit Access (ALUA) with CLARiiON and VNX arrays.
By default, support for ALUA is enabled in ONTAP. But to use it, ALUA must be enabled on the storage array.
You should enable ALUA only on new configurations. You should not enable ALUA in an existing configuration.
If you are setting up ALUA on the storage array, you must ensure that all hosts in a Storage Group are in the same failover mode, that is failover mode 4 (ALUA).