Advantages of four paths to an array LUN
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
When planning the number of paths to an array LUN for ONTAP, you need to consider whether you want to set up two or four paths.
The advantages of setting up four paths to an array LUN include the following:
If a switch fails, both storage array controllers are still available.
If a storage array controller fails, both switches are still available.
Performance can be improved because load balancing is over four paths instead of two.