Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
For ONTAP to use array LUNs, a storage array administrator must first create LUNs on the storage array and make them available to ONTAP. Then the ONTAP administrator must configure ONTAP to use the array LUNs that the storage array made available.
Planning how to provision array LUNs for ONTAP use includes the following considerations:
The types of array LUNs that ONTAP supports
ONTAP minimum and maximum array LUN sizes
The number of array LUNs you need
ONTAP considers an array LUN to be a virtual disk.