Required settings for IBM DS storage arrays with ONTAP systems
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
Certain parameter settings are required on the storage array for the storage array to work successfully with ONTAP systems.
Required host type for DS8xxx storage arrays
The required host type setting is shown in the following table:
N series Gateway
Requirements for configuring DS8300 9A2 LPAR models
When setting up the DS8300 9A2 LPAR (system logical partition) model to interact with ONTAP systems, you must set up access to each array LUN so that the redundant paths are both accessing the same LPAR.