Zoning recommendation for a configuration with storage arrays
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
The recommended type of zoning for a configuration with storage arrays is 1:1 zoning. With 1:1 zoning, each zone contains a single FC initiator port and a single storage array target port.
The benefits of creating 1:1 zoning are as follows:
You limit the number of ports over which a specific array LUN can be accessed.
There are discovery and boot time improvements because the FC initiators ONTAP systems do not attempt to discover each other.