Setting up ONTAP to work with array LUNs
PDF of this doc site
- Implementing E-Series storage
- Implementing third-party storage
- Planning a configuration with array LUNs
- Planning for ONTAP use of array LUNs
- Planning for paths to array LUNs
- Verifying installation with storage arrays
- Troubleshooting configurations with storage arrays
The process of setting up an ONTAP system to work with array LUNs differs on the basis of whether ONTAP systems are ordered with or without disks.
If an ONTAP system is ordered with disk shelves, ONTAP software is installed by the factory. In such a configuration, you do not need to create the root volume and install licenses and ONTAP software.
You can install ONTAP software on systems ordered without disk shelves. On these systems, you must first install ONTAP and then set up a cluster.