Virtual network naming conventions
PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
NetApp Element storage systems use monotonically increasing numbers as unique identifiers for all objects in the system.
When you create a new volume, the new volumeID is an increment of exactly 1. This convention holds true with virtual networks in storage clusters running Element software. The first virtual network you create in an Element cluster has a VirtualNetworkID of 1. This ID is not the same thing as a VLAN tag number.
You can use VirtualNetworkID and the VirtualNetworkTag (VLAN tag) interchangeably where noted in the API methods.