Determining issues in storage objects using events
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
When a storage object in your data center crosses a threshold, you get a notification about that event. Using this notification, you can analyze the issue and take corrective action by using the
This workflow takes the example of a volume as the resource object. You can use the
events APIs to retrieve the list of events related to a volume, analyze the critical issues for that volume, and then take corrective actions to rectify the issue.
Follow these steps to determine the issues in your volume before taking remedial steps.
Analyze the critical Active IQ Unified Manager events notifications for the volumes in your data center.
Query all the events for the volumes by using the following parameters in the /management-server/events API:
Category HTTP verb Path
View the output and analyze the issues in the specific volumes.
Perform the necessary actions by using the Unified Manager REST APIs or web UI to resolve the issues.