Viewing volume and LUN latency charts to verify performance guarantee
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can view the volumes and LUNs that you have subscribed to the “Performance Guarantee” program to verify that latency has not exceeded the level you have been guaranteed.
The latency performance guarantee is a millisecond per operation value that should not be exceeded. It is based on an hourly average, not on the default five minute performance collection period.
In the Performance: All Volumes view or Performance: All LUNs view, select the volume or LUN that you are interested in.
In the Performance Explorer page for your selected volume or LUN, choose Hourly Average from the View statistics in selector.
The horizontal line in the Latency chart will show a smoother line as the five-minute collections are replaced with the hourly average.
If you have other volumes on the same aggregate that are under the performance guarantee, you can add those volumes to view their latency value in the same chart.