Deleting values from annotations
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
- Managing and monitoring MetroCluster configurations
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Collecting data and monitoring workload performance
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can delete values associated with custom annotations when that value no longer applies to the annotation.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
The annotation value must not be associated with any annotation rules or group rules.
You cannot delete values from predefined annotations.
In the left navigation pane, click Storage Management > Annotations.
In the annotations list in the Annotations tab, select the annotation from which you want to delete a value.
In the Values area of the Annotations tab, select the value you want to delete, and then click Delete.
In the Warning dialog box, click Yes.
The value is deleted and no longer displayed in the list of values for the selected annotation.