Avoid mixing nodes for FIPS drives
PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
To prepare for enabling the FIPS drives feature, you should avoid mixing nodes where some are FIPS drives capable and some are not.
A cluster is considered FIPS drives compliant based on the following conditions:
All drives are certified as FIPS drives.
All nodes are FIPS drives nodes.
Encryption at Rest (EAR) is enabled.
The FIPS drives feature is enabled. All drives and nodes must be FIPS capable and Encryption at Rest must be enabled in order to enable the FIPS drive feature.