Add SnapMirror labels to snapshots
PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
SnapMirror labels specify the snapshot retention policy on the SnapMirror endpoint. You can add labels to snapshots and group snapshots.
You can view available labels from an existing SnapMirror relationship dialog box or the NetApp ONTAP System Manager.
|When you add a label to a group snapshot, any existing labels to individual snapshots are overwritten.|
SnapMirror is enabled on the cluster.
The label you want to add already exists in ONTAP.
Click Data Protection > Snapshots or Group Snapshots page.
Click the Actions icon for the snapshot or group snapshot you want to add a SnapMirror label to.
In the Edit Snapshot dialog box, enter text in the SnapMirror Label field. The label must match a rule label in the policy applied to the SnapMirror relationship.
Click Save Changes.