Cluster pairing order of operations
PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
You must establish a connection between a pair of storage clusters running Element software before remote replication can be used.
Use the following set of API methods to establish a cluster connection:
This API method creates and returns a pairing key that is used to establish a cluster pair. The key is encoded and contains information that is used to establish communications between clusters. A single cluster can be paired with up to four other clusters. However, a new key must be generated for each cluster pairing. The StartClusterPairing method generates a new key each time the method is called. Use each unique key with the CompleteClusterPairing method to pair each additional cluster.
For security reasons, the pairing key should not be sent to other users via email. The key contains a user name and password.