Clone multiple volumes
PDF of this doc site
- Install and maintain hardware
Manage storage with Element software
Manage your system
- Configure cluster settings
- Manage volumes and virtual volumes
Protect your data
- Use volume snapshots for data protection
- Perform remote replication between clusters running NetApp Element software
- Use SnapMirror replication between Element and ONTAP clusters
- Manage your system
- Manage and monitor storage with NetApp Hybrid Cloud Control
- Manage storage with Element API
- Work with the management node
You can create multiple volume clones in a single operation to create a point-in-time copy of the data on a group of volumes.
When you clone a volume, the system creates a snapshot of the volume and then creates a new volume from the data in the snapshot. You can mount and write to the new volume clone. Cloning multiple volumes is an asynchronous process and takes a variable amount of time depending on the size and number of the volumes being cloned.
Volume size and current cluster load affect the time needed to complete a cloning operation.
Click Management > Volumes.
Click the Active tab.
Use the check boxes to select multiple volumes, creating a group of volumes.
Click Bulk Actions.
Click Clone in the resulting menu.
Enter a New Volume Name Prefix in the Clone Multiple Volumes dialog box.
The prefix is applied to all volumes in the group.
Optional: Select a different account to which the clone will belong.
If you do not select an account, the system assigns the new volumes to the current volume account.
Optional: Select a different access method for the volumes in the clone.
If you do not select an access method, the system uses the current volume access.
Click Start Cloning.