Types of restore strategies supported for automatically discovered SAP HANA databases
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- SnapCenter Server installation
You must define a strategy before you can successfully perform restore operations using SnapCenter. There are two types of restore strategies for automatically discovered SAP HANA databases.
Complete resource restore
Restores all volumes, qtrees, and LUNs of a resource
The Volume Revert option should be selected to restore the entire volume.
If the resource contains volumes or qtrees, the Snapshot copies taken after the Snapshot copy selected for restore on such volumes or qtrees are deleted and cannot be recovered. Also, if any other resource is hosted on the same volumes or qtrees, then that resource is also deleted.
Restores the tenant database
If Tenant Database option is selected, then HANA studio or HANA recovery scripts external to SnapCenter must be used to perform the recovery operation.