SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Exchange Server overview
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- SnapCenter Server installation
The SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft Exchange Server is a host-side component of the NetApp SnapCenter Software that enables application-aware data protection management of Exchange databases. The Plug-in for Exchange automates the backup and restore of Exchange databases in your SnapCenter environment.
When the Plug-in for Exchange is installed, you can use SnapCenter with NetApp SnapMirror technology to create mirror copies of backup sets on another volume and with NetApp SnapVault technology to perform disk-to-disk backup replication for standards compliance or archival purposes.
If you want to restore and recover mails or mailbox instead of the complete Exchange Database, you can use the Single Mailbox Recovery (SMBR) software. NetApp® Single Mailbox Recovery has come to the end of availability (EOA) on May 12, 2023. NetApp will continue to support customers that have purchased mailbox capacity, maintenance, and support through marketing part numbers introduced on June 24, 2020, for the duration of the support entitlement.
NetApp Single Mailbox Recovery is a partner product provided by Ontrack. Ontrack PowerControls offers capabilities that are similar to those of NetApp Single Mailbox Recovery. Customers can procure new Ontrack PowerControls software licenses and Ontrack PowerControls maintenance and support renewals from Ontrack (through firstname.lastname@example.org) for granular mailbox recovery.