Restore and recover Oracle databases using UNIX commands
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- SnapCenter Server installation
The restore and recovery workflow includes planning, performing the restore and recovery operations, and monitoring the operations.
About this task
You should execute the following commands to establish the connection with the SnapCenter Server, list the backups and retrieve its information, and restore the backup.
The information regarding the parameters that can be used with the command and their descriptions can be obtained by running Get-Help command_name. Alternatively, you can also refer to the SnapCenter Software Command Reference Guide.
Initiate a connection session with the SnapCenter Server for a specified user: Open-SmConnection
Retrieve the information about the backups that you want to restore: Get-SmBackup
Retrieve the detailed information about the specified backup: Get-SmBackupDetails
This command retrieves the detailed information about the backup of a specified resource with a given backup ID. The information includes database name, version, home, start and end SCN, tablespaces, pluggable databases, and its tablespaces.
Restore data from the backup: Restore-SmBackup