Get started with the REST API
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- SnapCenter Server installation
You can quickly get started using the SnapCenter REST API. Accessing the API provides some perspective before you begin using it with the more complex workflow processes on a live setup.
You can run a simple command on your system to get started using the SnapCenter REST API and confirm its availability.
Ensure that the Curl utility is available on your system.
IP address or host name of the SnapCenter Server
User name and password for an account with authority to access the SnapCenter REST API.
If your credentials include special characters, you need to format them in a way that is acceptable to Curl based on the shell you are using. For example, you can insert a backslash before each special character or wrap the entire
At the command line interface, run the following to retrieve the plug-in information:
curl -X GET -u username:password -k "https://<ip_address>/api/hosts?fields=IncludePluginInfo"
curl -X GET -u admin:password -k "'https://10.225.87.97/api/hosts?fields=IncludePluginInfo"