What can you do with the Plug-in for Oracle Database
PDF of this doc site
SnapCenter Server installation
- Configure Certificate-based Authentication
Protect Microsoft SQL Server databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for Microsoft SQL Server
Protect SAP HANA databases
- SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Databases
- Prepare to install the SnapCenter Plug-in for SAP HANA Database
- Back up SAP HANA resources
- Protect Oracle databases
- Protect Windows file systems
- Protect Microsoft Exchange Server databases
Protect Custom applications
- Prepare to install SnapCenter Custom Plug-ins
- Protect Unix file systems
- SnapCenter Server installation
The SnapCenter Plug-in for Oracle Database is a host-side component of the NetApp SnapCenter Software that enables application-aware data protection management of Oracle databases.
The Plug-in for Oracle Database automates the backup, cataloging and uncataloging with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), verification, mounting, unmounting, restore, recovery, and cloning of Oracle databases in your SnapCenter environment. The Plug-in for Oracle Database installs SnapCenter Plug-in for UNIX to perform all the data protection operations.
You can use the Plug-in for Oracle Database to manage backups of Oracle databases running SAP applications. However, SAP BR*Tools integration is not supported.
Back up datafiles, control files, and archive log files.
Backup is supported only at container database (CDB) level.
Restore and recovery of databases, CDBs, and pluggable databases (PDBs).
Incomplete recovery of PDBs are not supported.
Create clones of production databases up to a point-in-time.
Cloning is supported only at CDB level.
Verify backups immediately.
Mount and unmount data and log backups for recovery operation.
Schedule backup and verification operations.
Monitor all operations.
View reports for backup, restore, and clone operations.