Configuring event notification settings
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can configure Unified Manager to send alert notifications when an event is generated or when an event is assigned to a user. You can configure the SMTP server that is used to send the alert, and you can set various notification mechanisms—for example, alert notifications can be sent as emails or SNMP traps.
What you'll need
You must have the following information:
Email address from which the alert notification is sent
The email address appears in the “From” field in sent alert notifications. If the email cannot be delivered for any reason, this email address is also used as the recipient for undeliverable mail.
SMTP server host name, and the user name and password to access the server
Host name or IP address for the trap destination host that will receive the SNMP trap, along with the SNMP version, outbound trap port, community, and other required SNMP configuration values
To specify multiple trap destinations, separate each host with a comma. In this case, all other SNMP settings, such as version and outbound trap port, must be the same for all hosts in the list.
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
In the left navigation pane, click General > Notifications.
In the Notifications page, configure the appropriate settings.
If the From Address is pre-filled with the address "ActiveIQUnifiedManager@localhost.com", you should change it to a real, working email address to make sure that all email notifications are delivered successfully.
If the host name of the SMTP server cannot be resolved, you can specify the IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) of the SMTP server instead of the host name.
If you have selected the Use STARTTLS or Use SSL option, a certificate page displays after you click the Save button. Verify the certificate details and accept the certificate to save the notification settings.
You can click the View Certificate Details button to view the certificate details. If the existing certificate is expired, uncheck the Use STARTTLS or Use SSL box, save the notification settings, and again check the Use STARTTLS or Use SSL box to view a new certificate.