What the System Diagnosis section displays
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
The System Diagnosis section of the Event details page provides information that can help you diagnose issues that may have been responsible for the event.
This area is displayed only for some events.
Some performance events provide charts that are relevant to the particular event that has been triggered. Typically this includes and IOPS or MBps chart and a latency chart for the previous ten days. When arranged this way you can see which storage components are most affecting latency, or being affected by latency, when the event is active.
For dynamic performance events, the following charts are displayed:
Workload Latency - Displays the history of latency for the top victim, bully, or shark workloads at the component in contention.
Workload Activity - Displays details about the workload usage of the cluster component in contention.
Resource Activity - Display historical performance statistics for the cluster component in contention.
Other charts are displayed when some cluster components are in contention.
Other events provide a brief description of the type of analysis the system is performing on the storage object. In some cases there will be one or more lines; one for each component that has been analyzed, for system-defined performance policies that analyze multiple performance counters. In this scenario, a green or red icon displays next to the diagnosis to indicate whether an issue was found, or not, in that particular diagnosis.