Retrying a failed protection job
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
After you have taken measures to fix a failed protection job, you can use Retry to run the job again. Retrying a job creates a new job using the original job ID.
What you'll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
You can retry only one failed job at a time. Selecting more than one job disables the Retry button. Only jobs of the type Protection Configuration and Protection Relationship Operation can be retried.
In the left navigation pane, click Protection > Jobs.
From the list of jobs, select a single failed Protection Configuration or Protection Relationship Operation type job.
The Retry button is enabled.
The job is restarted.