Creating rules to generate email addresses
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
You can create rules to specify the email address based on the user quota associated with clusters, storage virtual machines (SVMs), volumes, qtrees, users, or user groups. A notification is sent to the specified email address when there is a quota breach.
What you’ll need
You must have the Application Administrator or Storage Administrator role.
You must have reviewed the guidelines on the Rules to Generate User and Group Quota Email Address page.
You must define the rules for quota email addresses and enter them in the order in which you want to execute them. For example, if you want to use the email address email@example.com to receive notifications about quota breaches for qtree1 and use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org for all the other qtrees, the rules must be listed in the following order:
If none of the criteria for the rules you specified are met, then the default rule is used:
if ( $USER_OR_GROUP == * ) then $USER_OR_GROUP@$DOMAIN
In the left navigation pane, click General > Quota Email Rules.
Enter the rule based on your criteria.
Click Validate to validate the syntax of the rule.
An error message is displayed if the syntax of the rule is incorrect. You must correct the syntax and click Validate again.
Verify that the email address you created is displayed in the User and Group Quotas tab of the Storage VM / Health details page.