Fixing issues using Unified Manager automatic remediation
PDF of this doc site
- Install Unified Manager on VMware vSphere systems
- Install Unified Manager on Linux systems
- Install Unified Manager on Windows systems
Perform configuration and administrative tasks
- Configuring Active IQ Unified Manager
- Using the maintenance console
Monitor and manage storage
- Monitoring and managing clusters from the dashboard
- Provisioning and managing workloads
Manage events and alerts
- Managing events
Monitor and manage cluster performance
- Navigating performance workflows in the Unified Manager GUI
- Monitoring cluster performance from the Performance Cluster Landing page
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Inventory pages
- Monitoring performance using the Performance Explorer pages
- Analyzing performance events
Monitor and manage cluster health
Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data availability
- Managing backup and restore operations
- Common Unified Manager health workflows and tasks
Protect and restore data
- Creating and troubleshooting protection relationships
Generate custom reports
- Sample custom reports
There are certain events that Unified Manager can diagnose thoroughly and provide a single resolution using the Fix It button. When available, those resolutions are displayed in the Dashboard, from the Event details page, and from the Workload Analysis selection on the left-navigation menu.
Most events have a variety of possible resolutions that are displayed in the Event details page so you can implement the best solution using ONTAP System Manager or the ONTAP CLI. A Fix It action is available when Unified Manager has determined that there is a single resolution to fix the issue, and that it can be resolved using an ONTAP CLI command.
To view events that can be fixed from the Dashboard, click Dashboard.
To resolve any of the issues that Unified Manager can fix, click the Fix It button. To fix an issue that exists on multiple objects, click the Fix All button.
For information about the issues that can be fixed by automatic remediation, see What issues can Unified Manager fix.