Sending a custom AutoSupport message prior to negotiated switchover
PDF of this doc site
Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
- Install and cable MetroCluster components
- Configure hardware for sharing a Brocade 6510 FC fabric during transition
Plan and install a MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs
- Install and cable the MetroCluster components in a configuration with array LUNs
- Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
Install a MetroCluster IP configuration
- Configure the MetroCluster hardware components
Install a stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node SAS-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node bridge-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Install and Configure MetroCluster Tiebreaker
- Perform switchover, healing, and switchback
Maintain the MetroCluster components
- Hot add storage to a MetroCluster FC configuration
Transition from MetroCluster FC to MetroCluster IP
- Transition nondisruptively from a MetroCluster FC to a MetroCluster IP configuration (ONTAP 9.8 and later)
Upgrade, refresh, or expand the MetroCluster configuration
- Expand a two-node MetroCluster FC configuration to a four-node configuration
- Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
Before performing a negotiated switchover, you should issue an AutoSupport message to notify NetApp technical support that maintenance is underway. The negotiated switchover might result in plex or MetroCluster operation failures that trigger AutoSupport messages. Informing technical support that maintenance is underway prevents them from opening a case on the assumption that a disruption has occurred.
This task must be performed on each MetroCluster site.
Log in to the cluster at Site_A.
Invoke an AutoSupport message indicating the start of the maintenance:
system node autosupport invoke -node * -type all -message MAINT=maintenance-window-in-hours
maintenance-window-in-hours specifies the length of the maintenance window and can be a maximum of 72 hours. If the maintenance is completed before the time has elapsed, you can issue a command to indicating that the maintenance period has ended:
system node autosupport invoke -node * -type all -message MAINT=end
Repeat this step on the partner site.