Example of a stretch MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs
PDF of this doc site
Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
- Install and cable MetroCluster components
- Configure hardware for sharing a Brocade 6510 FC fabric during transition
Plan and install a MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs
- Install and cable the MetroCluster components in a configuration with array LUNs
- Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
Install a MetroCluster IP configuration
- Configure the MetroCluster hardware components
Install a stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node SAS-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node bridge-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Install and Configure MetroCluster Tiebreaker
- Perform switchover, healing, and switchback
Maintain the MetroCluster components
- Hot add storage to a MetroCluster FC configuration
Transition from MetroCluster FC to MetroCluster IP
- Transition nondisruptively from a MetroCluster FC to a MetroCluster IP configuration (ONTAP 9.8 and later)
Upgrade, refresh, or expand the MetroCluster configuration
- Expand a two-node MetroCluster FC configuration to a four-node configuration
- Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
In a stretch MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs, you must cable the FC-VI ports for direct connectivity between the controllers. In addition, you must cable each controller HBA port to switch ports on the corresponding FC switches. Cabling to the array LUNs is the same as that in a fabric-attached MetroCluster, except for E-Series array LUNs, which can be directly connected.
The following illustration shows the FC-VI ports cabled across controllers A and B in a stretch MetroCluster configuration:
|FAS9000 storage systems controller modules use four FC-VI ports each.
For configurations with E-Series array LUNs, you can directly attach the E-Series LUNs.
Except for connecting the FC-VI ports, the rest of this procedure is for setting up a MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs, that are not using E-Series array LUNs. This requires FC switches that are the same as using array LUNs in fabric-attached configurations.