Preparing a storage array for use with ONTAP systems
PDF of this doc site
Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
- Install and cable MetroCluster components
- Configure hardware for sharing a Brocade 6510 FC fabric during transition
Plan and install a MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs
Install and cable the MetroCluster components in a configuration with array LUNs
- Install and cable the MetroCluster components in a configuration with array LUNs
- Cable a fabric-attached MetroCluster configuration
Install a MetroCluster IP configuration
- Configure the MetroCluster hardware components
Install a stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node SAS-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Cable a two-node bridge-attached stretch MetroCluster configuration
- Perform switchover, healing, and switchback
Maintain the MetroCluster components
- Hot add storage to a MetroCluster FC configuration
Transition from MetroCluster FC to MetroCluster IP
- Transition nondisruptively from a MetroCluster FC to a MetroCluster IP configuration (ONTAP 9.8 and later)
Upgrade, refresh, or expand the MetroCluster configuration
- Expand a two-node MetroCluster FC configuration to a four-node configuration
- Install a fabric-attached MetroCluster
Before you can begin setting up ONTAP systems in a MetroCluster configuration with array LUNs, the storage array administrator must prepare the storage for use with ONTAP.
The storage arrays, firmware, and switches that you plan to use in the configuration must be supported by the specific ONTAP version.
In the IMT, you can use the Storage Solution field to select your MetroCluster solution. You use the Component Explorer to select the components and ONTAP version to refine your search. You can click Show Results to display the list of supported configurations that match the criteria.
You must coordinate with the storage array administrator to perform this task on the storage array.
Create LUNs on the storage array depending on the number of nodes in the MetroCluster configuration.
Each node in the MetroCluster configuration requires array LUNs for the root aggregate, data aggregate, and spares.
Configure parameters on the storage array that are required to work with ONTAP.