Select Start Recovery to configure appliance Storage Node
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
You must select Start Recovery in the Grid Manager to configure an appliance Storage Node as a replacement for the failed node.
You must be signed in to the Grid Manager using a supported web browser.
You must have the Maintenance or Root Access permission.
You must have the provisioning passphrase.
You must have deployed a recovery appliance Storage Node.
You must know the start date of any repair jobs for erasure-coded data.
You must have verified that the Storage Node has not been rebuilt within the last 15 days.
From the Grid Manager, select MAINTENANCE > Tasks > Recovery.
Select the grid node you want to recover in the Pending Nodes list.
Nodes appear in the list after they fail, but you cannot select a node until it has been reinstalled and is ready for recovery.
Enter the Provisioning Passphrase.
Click Start Recovery.
Monitor the progress of the recovery in the Recovering Grid Node table.
When the grid node reaches the “Waiting for Manual Steps” stage, go to the next topic and perform the manual steps to remount and reformat appliance storage volumes.
At any point during the recovery, you can click Reset to start a new recovery. An Info dialog box appears, indicating that the node will be left in an indeterminate state if you reset the procedure.
If you want to retry the recovery after resetting the procedure, you must restore the appliance node to a pre-installed state by running
sgareinstallon the node.