SG6000-CN: Install into cabinet or rack
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
You must install a set of rails for the SG6000-CN controller in your cabinet or rack, and then slide the controller onto the rails.
You have reviewed the Safety Notices document included in the box, and understand the precautions for moving and installing hardware.
You have the instructions packaged with the rail kit.
You have installed the E2860 controller shelf and drives or the EF570 controller shelf.
Carefully follow the instructions for the rail kit to install the rails in your cabinet or rack.
On the two rails installed in the cabinet or rack, extend the movable parts of the rails until you hear a click.
Insert the SG6000-CN controller into the rails.
Slide the controller into the cabinet or rack.
When you cannot move the controller any further, pull the blue latches on both sides of the chassis to slide the controller all the way in.
Do not attach the front bezel until after you power on the controller.
Tighten the captive screws on the controller front panel to secure the controller in the rack.