Linux: Import node on target host
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
After exporting the node from the source host, you import and validate the node on the target Linux host. Validation confirms that the node has access to the same block storage and network interface devices as it had on the source host.
Run the following command on the target Linux host.
Import the node on the target host.
sudo storagegrid node import /dev/mapper/sgws-dc1-s3-var-local
Finished importing node DC1-S3 from /dev/mapper/sgws-dc1-s3-var-local.
You should run 'storagegrid node validate DC1-S3'
Validate the node configuration on the new host.
sudo storagegrid node validate DC1-S3
Confirming existence of node DC1-S3... PASSED
Checking configuration file /etc/storagegrid/nodes/DC1-S3.conf for node DC1-S3... PASSED
Checking for duplication of unique values... PASSED
If any validation errors occur, address them before starting the migrated node.
For troubleshooting information, see the StorageGRID installation instructions for your Linux operating system.