Before you install (VMware)
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
Before deploying grid nodes and configuring the StorageGRID grid, you must be familiar with the steps and requirements for completing the procedure.
The StorageGRID deployment and configuration procedures assume that you are familiar with the architecture and operational functionality of the StorageGRID system.
You can deploy a single site or multiple sites at one time; however, all sites must meet the minimum requirement of having at least three Storage Nodes.
|StorageGRID does not support the use of virtual storage area networks (vSANs), because the underlying disk protection is not hardware RAID.|
Before starting the node deployment and grid configuration procedure, you must:
Plan the StorageGRID deployment.
Install, connect, and configure all required hardware, including any StorageGRID appliances, to specifications.
Hardware-specific installation and integration instructions are not included in the StorageGRID installation procedure. To learn how to install StorageGRID appliances, see the installation and maintenance instructions for your appliance.
Gather all networking information in advance. Unless you are using DHCP, gather the IP addresses to assign to each grid node, and the IP addresses of the domain name system (DNS) and network time protocol (NTP) servers that will be used.
Decide which of the available deployment and configuration tools you want to use.