Set IP address for BMC management port
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
Before you can access the BMC interface, you must configure the IP address for the BMC management port on the SG6000-CN controller.
The management client is using a supported web browser.
You are using any management client that can connect to a StorageGRID network.
The BMC management port is connected to the management network you plan to use.
For support purposes, the BMC management port allows low-level hardware access.
|You should only connect this port to a secure, trusted, internal management network. If no such network is available, leave the BMC port unconnected or blocked, unless a BMC connection is requested by technical support.|
From the client, enter the URL for the StorageGRID Appliance Installer:
SG6000-CN_Controller_IP, use the IP address for the appliance on any StorageGRID network.
The StorageGRID Appliance Installer Home page appears.
Select Configure Hardware > BMC Configuration.
The Baseboard Management Controller Configuration page appears.
Make a note of the IPv4 address that is automatically displayed.
DHCP is the default method for assigning an IP address to this port.
It might take a few minutes for the DHCP values to appear.
Optionally, set a static IP address for the BMC management port.
You should either assign a static IP for the BMC management port or assign a permanent lease for the address on the DHCP server.
Enter the IPv4 address, using CIDR notation.
Enter the default gateway.
It might take a few minutes for your changes to be applied.