Hardware setup appears to hang (SG5600)
PDF of this doc site
- Get started
Install and maintain appliance hardware
SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG100 and SG1000)
SG6000 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG6000)
- Configure hardware (SG6000)
SG5700 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5700)
- Configure hardware (SG5700)
SG5600 storage appliances
- Prepare for installation (SG5600)
- Configure hardware (SG5600)
- SG100 and SG1000 services appliances
Install and upgrade software
- Upgrade StorageGRID software
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
- Install Ubuntu or Debian
Perform system administration
- Manage security settings
- Manage Admin Nodes
- Manage Archive Nodes
Manage objects with ILM
- ILM and object lifecycle
- Create storage grades, storage pools, EC profiles, and regions
- Administer StorageGRID
- Use a tenant account
- S3 REST API supported operations and limitations
Monitor and maintain StorageGRID
Monitor and troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot a StorageGRID system
- Expand your grid
Recover and maintain
Grid node recovery procedures
- Recover from Storage Node failures
- Recover from Admin Node failures
- All grid node types: Replace Linux node
- Grid node decommission
- Network maintenance procedures
- Grid node procedures
- Grid node recovery procedures
Review audit logs
- Audit messages and the object lifecycle
- Monitor and troubleshoot
The StorageGRID Appliance Installer might not be available if hardware faults or cabling errors prevent the E5600SG controller from completing its boot-up processing.
Check the Needs Attention LED on either controller and look for a flashing error code.
During power up, the Service Action Allowed and Service Action Required LEDs are turned on while the hardware is initializing. The upper decimal point of the lower digit, called the diagnostic LED, also illuminates. The seven-segment display runs through a sequence of codes that are common for both controllers. This is normal and is not an indication of an error. When the hardware boots successfully, the Service Action LEDs are turned off, and the displays are driven by the firmware.
Review the codes on the seven-segment display for the E5600SG controller.
The installation and provisioning take time. Some installation phases do not report updates to the StorageGRID Appliance Installer for several minutes.
If an error occurs, the seven-segment display flashes a sequence, such as HE.
To understand what these codes mean, see the following resources:
“HE error: Error synchronizing with SANtricity OS Software”
“E5600SG controller seven-segment display codes”
Note: The codes described for the E-Series E5600 controller do not apply to the E5600SG controller in the appliance.
If this does not resolve the issue, contact technical support.